Point72 The Global Payroll team consists of a small group of professionals that are responsible for management of the processing of domestic and international payrolls, tax reporting, withholding and compliance, global mobility, system implementations, bespoke benefits and interdepartmental coordination with dependent teams. A meaningful portion of the job also includes developing processes and policies and overseeing their implementation. The successful candidate will oversee a complex compensation environment and will need to think proactively about effective process change and improvement. The candidate must also be able to perform well in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and be able to react quickly to changing situations and circumstances.
What you'll do
- Manage the offshore and onshore outsource functions of the Department
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including payroll functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines and regulatory bodies
- Manage monthly closing and posting of month end information, review of allocations and ensure accuracy of financial statement information provided
- Partner with relevant teams in managing employee payments, benefits and related payroll information
- Play a critical role in withholding tax and reporting
- Review information to report on Form W-2 and the international equivalents
- Review employee compensation, research, analyze, and resolve complex tax issues and ensure identification and resolution
- Assist in the preparation and development of various reports including those related to audits, compliance, and analysis
- Create and maintain log/tracking tools to monitor status of various processes
- Manage the changes in tax regulation(s) and implement in the payrolls
- Resolve issues before they escalate
- Manage the payroll process, audits, payments, taxes and questions
We take care of our people
- Candidates must have 3+ years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred, but other academic backgrounds will be considered
- Strong proficiency in computer skills/experience including the following: Microsoft Office 365, Advanced Excel skills with knowledge of VLOOKUP's, sum ifs and pivot tables
- Skillful problem solver, resourceful, enjoys a fast-paced environment, and has strong attention to detail
- Leadership potential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Superb relationship and customer management skills
- Self-motivated, self-reliant with a hands-on approach
- Workday Financial Management system knowledge a plus
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.