Finance Rotational Analyst
Point72 About the Finance Group:
The Finance team provides a broad range of timely, accurate, relevant, and objective financial information, advice, and services to its business partners, while adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards. The Finance team offers a dynamic environment where individuals can learn at a fast pace, and are rewarded with challenging opportunities both within Finance and across the Firm. About Financial Rotational:
The Finance management team is looking to add a versatile team player to the group who will have exposure to several departments. The rotational functions include Financial Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Financial Analysis, Investor Services and Portfolio Manager Compensation. In the rotational position, you would spend approximately 12 months working in several Finance groups. After such time, you will be placed into a permanent position within the Finance department. To succeed in this role you must:
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to gain:
- Be able to take responsibility for a broad range of complex processes which may include forecasting, budgeting, preparing financial statements, managing system implementations, financial modeling, reporting covenants to large bank counterparties, assisting in the tax process for the founder/owner, preparing information for regulators and working with external auditors on complex accounting topics
- Be detail oriented , able to assist with the month-end close process and investor risk reports as well as compensation process for portfolio teams and the owner's monthly financial packages
- Have strong leadership skills and be comfortable working closely with various levels of senior management
- Enjoy a fast pace environment and be looking to broaden your skill set at an accelerated pace
- Be adaptive to handle on-going changes in business needs and adjust approach in response
- Creatively implement new techniques and lead projects that can improve the firm's financial reporting and accounting process while individually investigating errors or problems, identifying solutions, and grounding those solutions in thoughtful analytics
- 2-5 years in Big 4 public accounting, corporate finance or a relevant field, a GPA of a 3.3 or higher, strong technical finance & accounting knowledge, and project management experience, have completed (or pursuing) CPA certification a plus
- Significant exposure to the senior finance team and leaders in the hedge fund industry as you navigate different finance departments
- A deep understanding of the backbones of a successful hedge fund, which is based in the finance team's ability to efficiently and effectively report, account, and compensate
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.