Supervisor Production Mechanical Support (Night Shift) (JR1013210)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is growing. We are actively seeking a Supervisor, Production Technical Support
to lead our late week night team in our South Windsor, CT location. This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications.
In this role, you will lead and provide technical and mechanical support to 8-10 full time and temporary production mechanics. You will monitor all work in progress ensuring that a constant production workflow is maintained. You'll be responsible for maintaining our parts inventory and monitoring records of preventative maintenance performed on equipment. You'll ensure repairs are completed promptly and maintenance occurs according to scheduled deadlines. You will keep informed of all new technology and equipment used by the technical support and production operations. You'll work with production technicians and production operators to ensure SLAs are being met.
Are you a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative? Do you have a dream of growing with a dynamic organization where you can have an immediate impact? If so, we encourage you to read below. Your responsibilities will include
- Flexibility for overtime as needed (which may involve weekends and holidays, and the ability to consistently work the late week night shift (6 PM - 6 AM every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and alternating Saturdays)
- Monitoring daily reports on output and equipment downtime, giving feedback to department personnel, and improving machine throughput.
- Being accountable for meeting or exceeding Cost Per Unit targets on your shift (i.e. labor costs, overtime, inventory control etc.).
- Mentoring, counseling, motivating, developing, supporting, encouraging and instructing all technicians reporting to you.
- Ensuring all administrative work is filled out properly, monitoring and following departmental procedures.
- Reporting any client problems or any service degradation that may cause potential client problems.
- Communicating improvement ideas associates may have regarding service quality or client satisfaction.
- Providing regular updates to senior management regarding strategic work and scheduling issues.
- Participating in equipment maintenance floor work as needed, but floor work is not the primary function of the position.
- Associates degree or Technical/Trade school
- 5+ years' experience and a proven proficiency in the operation and repair of production equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years' leadership experience in a high volume production environment
- Electrical/electronics repair and experience with mailing equipment (such as inserters and sorters) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Self-starter who is highly organized, allowing you to prioritize, multitask, manage multiple priorities at a time and recognize the importance of deadlines.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well and show respect for others.