In a world filled with data, do numbers tell you a story? Are you a stickler for deadlines who likes to spend your coffee breaks brainstorming ideas with your team?
We're looking for someone like that to help Senior Research Analysts with the development of Investment Committee briefs, publications and strategy presentations. This position fills a critical, supportive role for our team with a path to grow toward presenting your own research. In the underwriting process, we focus on market trends and portfolio composition. A successful Research Analyst will have the flexibility to spend the morning generating statistics on large bodies of data and the afternoon brainstorming ideas in response to fast-paced requests. Your responsibilities would include teasing a story of out of market and proprietary data (e.g. How has e-commerce changed the industrial market in Los Angeles? What can our internal database teach us about spending money on apartment renovations?) and communicating findings across the firm. Candidates should be curious, at least mildly obsessed with detail, and friendly, yet professional
You would join the Hartford Real Estate Research & Strategy team based in the Asset Management group. Our team interprets numbers and graphs and shares our ideas in interactive sessions with the Portfolio Management, Acquisitions, and Asset Management departments in our real estate firm. Research & Strategy is an integral part of the investment process for institutional real estate ops, covering all major markets and property types in the US. We aim to be collaborative and innovative as we lead the firm's Strategy Team in developing investment expectations as the foundation for portfolio development. Day-to-day, our team creates presentations, monitors economic trends, conducts quantitative modeling, writes articles on hot topics, and manages a daily-valued fund. We are focused on bringing traditional number-crunching research into a visualization-based, strategy-focused future. We offer a supportive environment in which to continuously practice and fine-tune your public speaking skills.
Your experience and skills
• A fondness for public speaking and translating data into ideas.
• Knowledge of BI software, such as Tableau, is highly desired.
• Knowledge of statistical software, such as R, eViews, MATLAB or SAS is highly desired.
• A strong background in Microsoft Excel including knowledge of formulas, graphing, keyboard short cuts, pivot tables, etc.
• Skills with other Microsoft Office products – examples may include, Word, PowerPoint animation.
• Excellent verbal and written abilities. Fluent English.
• A natural inclination to study detail and commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and personal drive, reaching out to other departments and data providers in search of answers.
• The ability to translate a large body of raw numbers into succinct presentation points.
• An understanding of economic, real estate or accounting language.
• A desire to learn new software.
• An excellent communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels.
• A self-starter who is looking for a fun, collaborative team who will support you as much as they challenge you.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.