Are you a detail-oriented multitasker? Can you work independently and analyze data while meeting set deadlines? We're looking for someone like this to:
• This position has overall responsibility to support the UBS Global Real Estate US - Hartford Accounting team and activities. Specific responsibilities include:
• Oversee the accounting and reporting for an assigned portfolio of diverse real estate investments, including supervision of the accounting activities of third-party property management firms. Meet high quality review and reporting standards.
• Provide technical guidance on complex accounting issues and training to third-party property management firms. Ensure timely reporting and compliance with established UBS Realty policies and procedures. Ensure accounting in accordance with US GAAP and deal structures.
• Evaluate US GAAP and market value accounting practices to determine impact of new technical literature or applicability of existing literature to property or portfolio accounting and reporting.
• Prepare and analyze quarterly and annual audited financial statements for client portfolios. Liaise with independent auditors. Handle ad hoc reporting requests.
• Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of financial information management systems or reports affecting investment accounting functions.
• Represent accounting on acquisition due diligence teams. Lead or support accounting due diligence audits and report findings to the team and the Investment Committee.
• Lead operational audits of third-party management firms, or provide strong support to the audit team. Evaluate internal controls and report findings, including recommendations for improvements.
• Calculate and analyze portfolio performance returns and property internal rates of return.
• Occasional travel will be required
You'll be working in the Portfolio Accounting and Reporting team based in Hartford, CT.
Your experience and skills
• An undergraduate degree with a major in accounting.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Efficient utilization of technology.
• Time management skills. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment while handling diverse responsibilities where no two days are alike.
• A team player
• Great communicator
• Known for meeting deadlines
• Proficient in MS Excel
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.