iOS Software Engineer (1596)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers was founded by a software engineer to rewrite the rules of trading by automating anything and everything. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows. Our engineers work with latest technology, command respect in the firm, and have competitive compensation packages. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing iOS mobile applications.
- Components design/implementation in in Objective-C & Swift for IOS using Cocoa Touch
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform and must be proficient in Objective-C, Cocoa touch.
- Follow specification closely in a time sensitive environment and at the same time provide constructive feedback that improves overall quality.
- Utilize best practices and Xcode tools to rapidly debug applications, fix performance bottlenecks, and improve customer experience.
- Employ object oriented techniques and design patterns to create well structured, efficient and maintainable code.
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile development experience and/or strong desire to master mobile development for iOS.
- Familiarity with Swift and C++ is a plus.
- Should be comfortable working in a team, reviewing code from other developers, and providing guidance and mentoring when appropriate
- Familiarity with trading technologies is a plus.
- Paid Medical
- Affordable Dental
- Flex Spending Account
- Commuter Reimbursement Account
- Restricted Stock Plan
- Life Insurance
We are interested in qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019.