Windows & VMware Production Support Engineer
- Greenwich, CT, USA Greenwich CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Windows & VMware Production Support Engineer
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found
Job Description and Responsibilities
This role encompasses VMware, Windows System Administration, Network Engineering and end user support. You will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to VSphere, VMware Horizon View, Windows Active Directory services, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies, all of which are critical to the IB business. You will provide 1st and 2nd level End User Computing (EUC) support, including networking and application installations and support for all US employees.
The succesful candidate will participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for all VMware & Windows problems. The individual will be responsible for deploying operating System & ESXi service packs, security patches and bug fixes on all physical / Virtual boxes and ESXi hosts as part of your daily activities.
Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Must Have)
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x and Horizon View 7.x environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows Server 2008 - 2016 operating systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Sub netting, Routing and SMTP concepts.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- Enterprise Knowledge of Windows Security Patch Management and application deployment process in physical and virtual environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Horizon View, App Volumes and Thin App virtualization environment.
- Enterprise knowledge of Teradici management or Dell Wyse Management console.
- Enterprise knowledge of Dell / HP server hardware and data center monitoring tools such as Dell Open mange server.
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a global Windows team.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Investment Management, Banking, Financial Technology Services).
Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Nice to Have)
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware SRM, vRealize Operation manager and configuration and update manager is a plus.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows System Center Operation Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM), and other hardware & software monitoring and performance tuning tools is a plus.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows and 3rd party Patch Management technologies (SCCM/WSUS, Shavlik, Manage Engine, etc.)
- Enterprise knowledge of MDM solutions (Airwatch, Good, Mobile Iron, etc.) is a plus
- Expert level experience with Active Directory federation services (ADFS, SAML, Single Sign-On (SSO), Two-Factor authentication and other related Identify and Access Management (IAM) technologies is a plus.
- Enterprise knowledge of cloud services such as AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages such as PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with application packaging using Wise Admin Studio or Flexera Admin studio is a plus.