Windows System Engineer, Level II
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description:
Interactive Brokers Group (IBG) is looking for a Windows System Engineer. This position focuses on the maintenance, implementation, management, and optimization of Windows systems. We are looking for a motivated, analytical, and innovative individual to fill a role that will be both challenging and rewarding. You will be part of a team that is not only building one of the world's strongest trading and brokerage brands, but also uses technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent and outstanding growth. We are looking for someone who will:
You will need to have:
- Manage Virtualization platform (VMware ESXi, vSphere)
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot VMware Horizon View Environment
- Design, implementation, administration and support on-prem and cloud enterprise solutions, focused on Microsoft technologies
- Administer and support Office 365 suite configurations and policies
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy in our domain environment.
- Designs and implements technical solutions
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, and in some cases as a project team lead
- Monitoring of Windows systems to guarantee reliable operation
- Ensuring IT-Security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the Windows infrastructure and applications supported
What we'd also love to see:
- 5+ year in-depth knowledge of VMware based virtualization platform and Horizon View
- 3+ year in-depth knowledge of Windows system administration (AD, DNS, Group Policy, Office 365)
- 3+ year in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- 5-7 years of practical experience as a VMware and Windows system engineer
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Experience in Windows Server 2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the IB global Windows team
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving / trouble shooting skills
- Great English written/verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MOUS) and VMware and VCP are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- An ambitious and diligent individual
- An innovative mindset with a drive to improve upon existing systems
- A desire to solve challenging problems
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Team outings and dinners
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info