Windows Help Desk Specialist
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 19 Apr 19
Windows Help Desk Specialist
Job Description and Responsibilities
As a Help Desk / Service Desk professional, you will be a central point of contact within Interactive Brokers (IB) on any information technology related issues. You will assist business and development end-users over the phone, by email and through a centralized ticket tracking and management platform to resolve or escalate any IT issues. This position requires good technical knowledge and polished communications skills. The key competencies include intermediate knowledge of Windows and networking technologies with a strong motivation to advance your skills. You need to have patience with those who are less technically savvy, and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment with a high sense of urgency. Additional requirements for this role are dependability and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting end-users and resolving their technical issues.
Daily Duties Include:
- Deploy thin clients, monitors and other peripherals.
- Provide onsite and remote assistance to IB users via phone, email and remote control software.
- Undertake AD / Email / System user account creation, changes and deletions and password resets for IB users.
- Log and track calls using the Ticketing System, maintain approval history records and document problem resolutions.
- Contribute to an End-User Computing (EUC) knowledge base.
- Perform hardware & software inventory and produce management reports.
- Provide IB new hires with required technologies and perform IT onboarding processes.
- Provide non-technical assistance on an ad-hoc basis (e.g., procurement of IT equipment and supplies, and providing other office service equipment).
- As a local US help desk liaison in the global Windows infrastructure team, interact with Windows Engineering personnel in other domestic and international IB offices.
- Technical knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Technical knowledge of and proficiency with the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Familiarity with native and third-party Windows Remote Control tools.
- Familiarity with command-line tools and batch processing.
- Strong customer service and professional client-facing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Advanced IT troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- Excellent skills in identifying and diagnosing technical problems, escalating and routing issues, recommending and implementing solutions to correct repetitive/common issues.
- Ability to professionally communicate with Infrastructure staff and maintain strong working relationships with other IT functions to ensure problem resolution and ticket tracking.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar Help Desk role.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019