Web Programmer (1889)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks a Web Programmer for our Headquarters in Greenwich, CT. The successful candidate will possess the ability to solve complex problems bounded with a solid understanding of programming (algorithms, data structures, concurrency) to develop and maintain a large-scale tax form collection and reporting system. The system supports Domestic (US) and international tax withholding and reporting including support for FATCA (Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act), CRS (OECD Common reporting standard), Canadian, UK, and Australian tax regulations. Responsibilities include the tax form collection wizard that guides the customer through the complex rule set to provide the correct tax forms. Tax forms are checked for consistency, and tax IDs and GIIN are validated against external sources. On the backend, the system calculates the applicable withholding status and rates relevant to each account.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Experience and proficiency with Java or C++, concurrency, algorithms.
- 0-2 years experience in developing multi-tiered web applications (backend/middleware/frontend)
- Experience with frontend/middleware web technologies or database design/development, Tomcat, JavaBeans, jQuery, JSON, AJAX, Vue.js and Virt.x REST services, and UNIX/Linux
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019.