Technical Support Representative
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC ("IB") seeks individuals for our technical assistance center ("TAC") at our headquarters in Greenwich, CT. TAC representatives focus on ensuring a solid user experience through the responsive support of our trading software. As a member of the technical assistance team, you'll assist customers with inquiries pertaining to all of our software products and act as a liaison between internal teams and customers to ensure a prompt and effective resolution of bugs and issues. The ideal candidate will possess the networking and programming knowledge to troubleshoot issues that pertain to our trading client programs. We need a TAC representative that will be probing and analytical, with the ability to recognize, test, and escalate new bugs within our software.
- Be a liaison between internal teams and customers to ensure a prompt and effective resolution of bugs and issues.
- Assist a diverse range of domestic and international customers with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting our trading software and our website.
- Escalate issues to software developers and server operators.
- Address inquiries and issues regarding IB's two-factor secure login system.
- 4 year college degree
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting networking or software related issues
- 2 years in a network or software support role, primarily in a call-center or realtime support environment
- Experience with Unix and basic Unix commands
- Financial services industry related experience and knowledge of common financial products
- Multilingual language skills a plus
Company Overview Interactive Brokers LLC
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info