Technical Operations Specialist: Brokerage Systems (1491)
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
For the past two decades Interactive Brokers has rewritten the book on how electronic trading and how Wall Street in general operated as it grew into the largest US Broker (measured by trades). This small staff continues to be on the leading edge of those changes as it moves toward the future. Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks an individual to join our Technical Operations team. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, always monitored and supported and locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop their own tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the myriad systems encompassing Interactive Brokers platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
On occasion Interactive Brokers chooses to offer this position to new talent. This candidate is a touche-a-tout Renaissance individual focused on the future of both themselves and their business, energized when challenges arise; victorious when mettle is tested. Inside this most critical department every team member is equally responsible. Part 'pilot', part 'mechanic' and part 'air traffic controller', operators work through a flexible rotating shift. Bound together, they provide an unending chain of critical support and assistance each hour of every day throughout the year. **For this position, the company is not sponsoring applicants for work visas** You will be expected to:
You will need to have:
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system.
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies
- Work with our developers to design new and improve existing brokerage processes
- Design and develop new monitoring and automation processes
- Act as primary escalation point for any and all technical issues
What we'd also love to see:
- A degree Bachelors in a technical discipline
- The ability to safely lift and carry up to fifty pounds
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology in general
- A willingness and ability to participate as a member of team in a rotating schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Reliable transportation to arrive safely on site in all weather conditions
- Proficiency in Foreign Languages
- Prior Experience in a Technology Position
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX style command line interfaces
- A keen desire to explore and learn new, concepts, systems, technologies
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info