Tax Manager (1839)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers LLC ("IB") is seeking an experienced tax professional with a background in information reporting and tax withholding requirements to support its expanding global brokerage business. This position will report to the Tax Director and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Ensure compliance with US, state and similar non-US information reporting and withholding tax rules, including year-end IRS Forms 1099 and 1042, Canadian Forms T3, T5, T5008 and RL and Common Reporting Standards;
- Work closely with programming personnel to ensure accurate reporting;
- Identify and design improvements to tax withholding and reporting systems;
- Provide tax support to customers and sales personnel;
- Ensure compliance with sales tax, VAT and GST filing(s) and collection obligations;
- Oversee US and Canadian retirement account compliance;
- Research and provide guidance on new tax legislation and regulations;
- Develop and provide webinars on current tax topics for customers; and
- Maintain current and accurate tax content on our website.
- Three to seven (3-7) years of accounting and tax experience, including at least 3 years in the financial services industry;
- Bachelor's or advance degree in accounting required;
- CPA, J.D. or Master's degree in Taxation preferred;
- Strong understanding of tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail brokerage businesses.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info