Software Engineer (1682)
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Design and develop applications and services supporting IB's rapidly growing customer base.
- Build software that supports the expansion of IB brokerage business into new markets around the world.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree.
- Minimum 5 of professional programming experience.
- At least 3 years of Java or C++ programming experience.
- Python, Perl or similar scripting language experience.
- Relational databases experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Prior experience in finance is preferred, but not required.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info