- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 19 Feb 19
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers Group seeks a skilled Software Engineer with the following qualities:
• Problem solver
• Attention to detail
• Fast learner
• Self-motivated and directed
This is an opportunity to develop large-scale optimization systems for Cash and Asset Management of a multi-billion dollar portfolio. As a software engineer you will participate in all phases of a multi-tier software development cycle (GUIs, databases, mid-tier, batch applications, reporting) with an emphasis on the server-side. Debug, fix and maintain existing systems.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
• 3-5 years of Java experience
• Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts & multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of DBMS concepts (Oracle platform is a plus)
• Hands on expertise in server side programming in Java/C++ J2EE experience
• Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of September 30, 2018.