- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Interactive Brokers Group's ("IBG") software development group is responsible for automating all aspects of securities lending and borrowing. We seek an individual who wants to be part of an excellent opportunity to work on applications which add directly to the company's bottom line and learn about the underlying business. The ideal candidate wants to be part of an innovative team that thrives in a challenging and equally rewarding environment.
IBG a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 695,000 trades per day*. At Interactive Brokers, you will be part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
*Figures as of September 30, 2017. For additional information about Interactive Brokers visit www.interactivebrokers.com
The successful candidate must take ownership of assigned projects and all phases of the software life-cycle, while working in a fast paced agile environment. Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Develop back-end services and algorithms for new features.
- Optimize, improve, and support existing algorithms and code base.
- Develop multi-tier JEE and batch applications.
- Write well designed, tested and clean code.
• Bachelors or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physical Sciences
• 1-10 years of Java experience
• Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts & multi-tier applications
• Strong understanding of DBMS concepts (Oracle platform is a plus)
• Hands on expertise in server side programming in Java/C++ J2EE experience
• Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus