Shareholder Services Associate
Job Description & Responsibilities
Given our significant client account growth, and the implementation of SRDII, the Clearing Department at Interactive Brokers has identified a need for an individual to complete various shareholder services responsibilities. The Shareholder Services Associate will report to the Clearing Control Manager and become an expert in shareholder services, including US/CA/EU Proxy, Post-Sale, Bankruptcy & Class Actions. Responsibilities will include backup for backoffice control functions and audit tasks. The successful individual will be part of a small team that will require a self-driven, multitasking, extremely organized individual to carry out various responsibilities within different services:
Qualification & Skills
- Review internal system processes, alerts, control reports, and review India Team actions
- Reconcile firm & depo position discrepancies
- Maintain all firm-related changes, ie. New entity set up, client migrations, name changes
- Address & respond to all client inquiries related to US/CA/EU Proxy.
- Inquiries include: Updating e-delivery distribution, changing client account preferences, voting share discrepancies, voting and/or meeting material requests, meeting-specific questions, legal proxy requests, POA's and LOA's, virtual meeting requests, managed account set-up, proxy agent set-up
- Inputting SRDII related SWIFT messages for disclosure reporting & proxy voting
- Exception handling on a product level
- Manage system control reports
- Maintain all firm-related changes, ie. New product or entity set-up
- Address & respond to all client inquiries related to Post-Sale
- Reconcile voting share discrepancies
- Collaborate with service providers and bankruptcy agents
- Address & respond to all client inquiries related to bankruptcies and consents.
- Inquiries Include: Ballots and materials, general and specific questions related to the bankruptcy and client follow ups
- CLASS ACTIONS:
- Address & respond to all client inquiries related to class actions.
- Inquiries include: General questions, missing materials, claim forms, recovery service
- Working with programming in specific cases
Company Benefits & Perks
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred majors include business, finance, investment management, or other related field
- Business experience a plus, i.e. internship, part time job
- Financial services, sales and/or customer service experience a plus
- Strong follow-through
- Ability to obtain Series 99 within a year of employment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, clearly translate from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info