Senior Software Engineer (1742)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks a senior software engineer to join our expanding company as a full-time employee. This position provides an exciting opportunity to join a global securities and commodities business leader and top US broker-dealer. Interactive Brokers offers competitive salary and benefits including bonuses and stock incentive plan.
- Design and develop applications and services for IB's real-time, risk-based margin system. That system continuously enforces risk limits for client accounts and automatically and autonomously closes out positions if an account violates its limits. This system has been for decades and continues to be the gold standard in risk control and margin across the financial industry.
- Optimize and refactor existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Write and maintain design and engineering documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Minimum 4 years of professional programming experience.
- Expert level C++ programming.
- Smart, technically oriented, willing to work hard and learn every day.
- Experience with large-scale software systems.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Experience with Linux, Python, SQL and Perl as well as experience working in a financial institution with securities and commodities products or risk management are a plus but not required.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019