Senior Software Engineer - Java Backend (1578)
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Brokerage platform development -- front and/or back-end, depending on experience.
- Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multithreaded/high throughput. XML.
- Work on one of the core brokerage processes that deals with user authentication to access trading, account management and other customer applications.
- Adding new features and interfaces that deal with user authentication.
- Work on expanding second factor authentication offering.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- 5+ years' Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Working with Database development SQL and PL/SQL is a plus.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info