Senior Java Software Engineer (1595)
Job Description and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of a team which is responsible for all facets of the software development project's life cycle. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, code, implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment, and debug operations. The software development team is required to interface with users for requirements gathering and specification.
Positions available in the following areas:
- Brokerage platform development -- front and/or back-end, depending on experience.
- Front end: Java Swing. End-user facing trading platform.
- Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multi-threaded/high throughput. XML.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex systems and offer new solutions.
- Minimum of 4 years of Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Knowledge of Java Swing and/or strong desire to learn Java Swing.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
Positions available in Greenwich, Connecticut(U.S. Headquarters); Tallinn, Estonia; Budapest, Hungary, or Mumbai India.
**IBKR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 850,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31, 2019.