Senior DevOps Engineer
Location can be either New York, NY or Greenwich, CT Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features, all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with excellent technical knowledge, an ability to communicate effectively, tackle complex problems and explain their solution to others. The position is well-suited to an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and maintain a high level of customer service while supporting the team and collaborating on service improvements. You will be part of:
The DevOps team, which builds and maintains our infrastructure and development platforms. The role is one with high leverage and the potential to improve the working lives of all developers at IBKR, by supporting and improving our tools for source control, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, automated testing, release management and configuration management. This role has the luxury of being close to the teams that develop core IBKR systems, so you will get lots of feedback about where you should be spending your time. This means that the work that you will do will have high visibility and impact. You will:
You are someone who will have:
- Engage with the software development teams to evaluate designs and implementations for scalability and performance.
- Implement tools and processes to make creating new infrastructure as self-service as possible while striving to prevent the DevOps team from becoming a development bottleneck.
- Develop, improve, and operate complex distributed systems.
- Design, document and carry out complex projects with many stakeholders.
- Drive the DevOps team toward automation and deployment best practices.
- Research and deploy new technologies to drive innovation and continuous improvement at IBKR.
Good to haves:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher), in Computer Science or any STEM-related discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in Java, Python and/or shell scripting.
- 5+ years' experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions.
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring, and supporting Java and Python applications in a service-oriented architecture.
- Admin experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git.
Benefits to work with us:
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools such as OWASP Dependency-Check.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with event-driven architectures and software such as Apache Kafka.
- A systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant.
- Retirement plan (401k) with company match.
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off along and generous parental leave policy.
- Daily company-paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snacks.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy.
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info