Python Developer (1967)
Job Description and Responsibilities
IBG LLC seeks a python developer to extend our growing market surveillance group. The successful candidate will help develop reports, interact with analysts to refine business requirements, and create infrastructure systems to supply business data to the market surveillance system.
- Convert python scripts prepared by data scientists to production-grade reports
- Build infrastructure services to support our market surveillance system
- Resolve bugs by examining log output and testing
- Use a git/gerrit workflow for code versioning and review
- Participate in code reviews
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- High attention to detail
- 0-3 years of experience with linux operating systems
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience with python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Fluency in python with multiple years of professional experience
- Knowledge of software design and experience in applying it to python projects
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with pandas/numpy/scipy
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of finance
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with elasticsearch/kafka
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Java or C++
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info