Network Support Engineer
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team! Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Network Support Engineer
to work under the general supervision of a Network Supervisor. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Help Desk operates as a highly professional service. We are looking for a candidate with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures and maintain a high level of customer service while supporting the team and collaborating to service improvements. A summary of daily tasks can include:
Your skills and abilities:
- Be the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Ensure that requests from users are properly triaged, logged, assigned, and responded to in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with the clients on the status of their requests
- Identify network issues related to end user problems and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Phone, voicemail, video, audio-conference, and recording management system administration
- Manage hardware deployments (Racking, Stacking, Cabling and Labeling)
- Troubleshooting basic hardware and software problems for various desktops, laptops, printers, and network devices in a mixed platform of various operating systems. (Windows, Mac and Unix)
- Perform basic administration of Network Switches, access points and routers
- Inventory and asset management of networking devices
- Collaborate with and train junior members of the team as backup to this role
We offer you:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- Working experience with network level troubleshooting/understanding of network switching (L1-L7)
- 3-7 years system administration knowledge of Microsoft and Linux environments
- 3-7 years Ticketing system tools experience (Such as ServiceNow, Jira, Remedy but not limited to)
- 3 years or more recent and significant experience working in a Help Desk, first level support environment.
- Demonstrate mature interpersonal and communication skills and behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model.
- Create, manage and oversee telecoms and hardware troubleshooting tickets..
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs for hardware installation
- Requires the disposition and ability to adapt to ongoing changes and the adoption of new technologies in a rapidly evolving IT environment.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks strongly desired. ITIL Certification or similar, a plus.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and afternoon snacks.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and leave benefits including fully paid maternity leave and a 401k plan with company match.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners and corporate events including volunteer activities and company sports teams.
a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR). It is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our diverse group of employees are part of a collaborative, dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented teams working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
We are headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA with offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
We are a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group's brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info