Mid Level Web Application Java Developer (1786)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is seeking a Java Software Developer for our Web Development Group to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer facing systems.
The successful candidate must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems. Duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, maintain web-based applications and programs for our online brokerage services.
- Maintain large-multi-tiered web applications to support our customer registration and account management systems.
- The design, development, support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Java technologies (Java Servlets and JSP)
- Knowledge of SQL, Database design, PL/SQL, Object-Oriented Programming and Java
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Exposure to jQuery, JSON, AJAX fundamentals
- Experience designing single page applications using frameworks like AngularJS
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux
- Strong fundamental knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of January 31 2019.