Junior C++ Developer
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 21 Mar 19
Junior C++ Developer
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a Junior C++ Developer.
A successful candidate will develop, maintain and support various proprietary applications and sub-systems.
A particular focus will be the development of the back-end processes, both batch and server-side, providing analytic and quantitative analysis for our clients and for internal risk management. This will require proficiency in C++ and Java in a Linux environment.
The position will require a dedicated, enthusiastic, proactive and quick learning individual, who can successfully operate as a part of a group of developers. The applicant should be attentive to details, focused on results, and prepared for a dynamic environment.
The position requires the following attributes:
- 0-3 years of Experience with C++ in a commercial environment, including version control, change management, and automated bug tracking
- Coding skills including knowledge of the C++11 standard
- A focus on designing solutions for testability, maintainability, and run-time robustness
- Familiarity with at least one interpreted language (Python is preferred)
- Hands-on experience with foreign-function interfaces to C/C++
- Familiarity with distributed systems and server-side programming
- Knowledge of financial fundamentals
- Skill in shell scripting in a Linux/Unix environment
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate subject (engineering, physics, or CS)
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IEX: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 31 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 950,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of December 31, 2018.