Java Software Developer
- Greenwich, CT, USA Greenwich CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Java Software Developer
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR); is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
¹Figures as of June 30, 2018.
Job Description and Responsibilities
IBG LLC seeks an individaul with strong strong Object Oriented programming, for a Java Software Developer position in our Trading Platform Group to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer-facing brokerage systems. The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain web-based as well as standalone applications for PreTrade Compliance and Client Services.
Typical projects will be focused on web server, middle-ware and back-end development and integration. The majority of development will be using Java with some exposure to PL/SQL and Python. Projects can also include support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers. A successful candidate must be highly analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
- Master's degree preferred or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented programming, Java, PL/SQL, Database design and SQL
- 1-3 years of experience as a Java application developer
- 1-3 years of experience with PL/SQL
- Good knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of XML, JSON, CSS and HTML
- Functional knowledge or experience with REST Web Services a plus
- Functional Knowledge or experience with Vert.x, VueJS a plus.
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed