Infrastructure Engineer (1974)
Job Description and Responsibilities
In order to serve our growing customer base, we seek to hire an infrastructure specialist in Account Registration and Account Management Group with following primary responsibilities:
- Maintain integrity of Build process - ensure that builds are run continuously and successfully resolving any issues with developers promptly.
- Handle releases to Production, Development, Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Integration (CI) environments.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for deployment to various tiers (Oracle 12c Databases, JBoss, Vertx, ActiveMQ and Spring-based Middle Tier servers and Tomcats) using modern configuration management and deployment tools such as Ansible.
- Ensure uptime and availability of all servers using monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Kibana.
- Responsible for emergency shutdown and startup of servers in case of scheduled maintenance, releases or unexpected issues.
- Monitor Middle tier Java Virtual machines, analyze Thread and memory dumps and suggests ways to improve performance avoiding bottlenecks and deadlocks.
- Monitor Oracle reports for systemwide SQL query performance, monitor Oracle server load patterns and report any issues. Coordinate with DBA teams on migration, upgrades.
- Monitor automated scheduled batch applications for failures, help analyze and optimize applications for performance. Respond to issues reported by Technical Operations Team and resolve any issues with developers.
- Aggregate logs and diagnostics data into ElasticSearch and other monitoring tools. Coordinate with Technical Operations Team in company wide efforts to monitor applications vis system alarms.
Qualifications Required Background:
- Must be proficient in Unix with strong background in at least one scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of JBoss, Vertx, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Spring application servers and their integration with Apache or Nginx web server
- Knowledge of Git, Ant, Ivy, and Junit and Automated testing tools.
- Familiarity with Jenkins for continuous build, deployment and integration testing.
- Good knowledge of JVM Performance monitoring using jconsole, jstack and other thread dump and analysis tools
- Bachelor or MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Tools: AppDyanmics, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash, Ansible
- Familiarity with Oracle database performance monitoring and clustering
Company Overview Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info