High Yield Credit Trader
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We're determined to know what makes financial markets tick - and we'll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation. About The Team
The Global Trading Strategies team is responsible for efficient trade execution of AQR's investment strategies. The team is comprised of traders, trading assistants, trading infrastructure and trading algorithm developers as well as market microstructure and short-term signal researchers. The department designs and develops algorithmic trading methodologies in many asset classes globally. GTS also performs transaction cost analysis on the many markets that the firm trades in, which is utilized in building transaction cost forecasting models for AQR's investment strategies. Your Role
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our team as a High Yield Credit Trader. This person will develop an in depth understanding of AQR's current processes and systems to analyze and suggest improvements to their functionality and performance. The trader will be expected to work with senior traders to gain expertise across the product area and be able to provide optimal execution, liquidity assessment and guidance to the portfolio management team on market structure developments. You will:
What You'll Bring
- Develop and deliver strong execution of trades across corporate credit instruments.
- Work to understand the strategies and funds of the firm as they pertain to the product and engage in discussion surrounding the strategy implementation and trade execution.
- Maintain strong relationships with the sell side community.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the current market structure and regulatory landscape
- Work closely with the firm-wide development team to ensure trading processes are streamlined and the appropriate trading platforms and technologies are being utilized.
Who You Are
- 2-7 years of experience trading and at least 1 + years' experience trading credit products
- Sell-side market making and/ or buy-side trading experience
- Good knowledge of high yield and investment grade corporate bond and credit derivative market structure and regulatory landscape
- An appreciation of a systematic investment process, specifically as it relates to the fixed income and credit markets.
- Experience with electronic corporate bond trading platforms, algorithmic trading, and deep understanding of current technological developments to automate and streamline processes.
- Experience trading credit derivatives, ETFs, indices, and other credit instruments is a plus
- Strong educational credentials. CFA preferred or working towards. MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge of fixed income transaction cost analysis
- Technically proficient with Excel. Python experience is a plus.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual and collaborative environment
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills