DevOps Engineer (1770)
Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers("IB") is able to operate at a low cost while delivering advanced capabilities to our clients by building and operating highly automated systems in all aspects of its business. The company was founded by a software engineer to rewrite the rules of trading by automating anything and everything. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows. As one of the fastest growing low-cost brokers, we are increasingly finding a need to help our developers bring features to market more quickly and, while moving quickly, to maintain the availability, robustness and security of IB services. To that end we are growing an internal DevOps team to automate and improve our development platform. Candidates should have a passion for excellence in software engineering, for the scientific method, for making changes based on data rather than anecdote, and a desire to constantly find ways to improve methods and processes. The role is one with high leverage and the potential to improve the working lives of all developers at IB, by supporting and improving our tools for:
- source control
- continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- automated testing
- release management
- configuration management
Qualifications Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field
- Hands-on experience in Java, Python and/or shell scripting
- 1+ years experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools such as OWASP Dependency-Check
- Experience with the design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release infrastructure
- Admin experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git
- 1+ years experience with professional software development
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info