Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist- Level 1
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist
As a Desktop Support / Service Desk Specialist, you will provide first level response on any issues related to the Microsoft Windows platforms. You will assist business and development end-users over the phone, by email and through a centralized ticketing system to resolve or escalate any IT issues. This position requires good technical knowledge and polished communications skills. The key competencies include intermediate knowledge of Windows and networking technologies with a strong motivation to advance your skills. You need to have patience with those who are less technically savvy, and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment with a high sense of urgency. Additional requirements for this role are dependability and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting end-users and following technical issues through to resolution. Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Provide technical assistance and support for reported issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware on a timely basis to meet department SLAs.
- Resolve issues related to desktops, laptops, virtual machines, smartphones, scanners, printers, and other peripherals used by employees.
- Install operating systems, applications, hardware drivers, and customize system settings following department standards.
- Analyze problems using troubleshooting skills and diagnostic tools to identify the root cause and provide a stable solution to the issue to prevent reoccurrence.
- Document issue resolution to department knowledge base for reference in future incidents, and contribute to the creation of self-help articles.
- Provide timely updates of all activity for assigned incidents including user contact attempts, and issue resolution details within incident management system; escalate incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Participate in department or firmwide projects as instructed by IT Department management
- Contribute to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs and team meetings.
- Interface with end-users, supervisors, directors, and executives and resolve problem situations in a professional manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
Technical Experience Required:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field is preferred.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft, VMWare certifications preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong abilities in organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Expected to be a team player who shares knowledge for collective growth.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and customer service skills.
- Close attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, ability to work independently, good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems.
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills; must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack, and Wi-Fi.
- Working knowledge of DNS, and DHCP.
- Working knowledge of Office 365 cloud application suite.
- Working knowledge of desktop imaging, application deployment, and hard drive encryption.
- Working knowledge of active directory, domains and group policies.
- Windows server experience a plus.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (If hyperlink is deactivated , please copy the following in browser https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 )
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info