- Greenwich, CT, USA Greenwich CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
IBG LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Interactive Brokers Group is looking for an experienced Compliance person with a background in regulatory reporting including such systems as: FINRA OATS and stock Trade Reporting Facilities, FINRA TRACE bond trade reporting, MSRB RTRS municipal bond reporting, OCC LOPR system and CFTC and US Commodity exchange Large Trader/OCR reporting.
This position requires related experience in the financial services industry, and a broad understanding of investigative techniques and problem management.
The analyst's focus will primarily be on the ability to identify and research potential regulatory reporting issues related to stock, fixed income, derivative securities and commodity products. This person will perform post-trade processing reconciliations and middle office support services to ensure accurate trade and position reporting.
Although the position is operationally-focused, the successful candidate must have the ability to read and apply industry regulations to various situations, investigate and communicate any issues that arise, suggest solutions to operational and programming staff and track issues until they are resolved. This position requires the individual to have or be willing to learn light programming skills.
Interactive Brokers LLC is an SEC-registered broker-dealer and a CFTC-registered futures commission merchant, as well as a member of FINRA, NFA, and all major securities and commodities exchanges.
- Education: University degree (BA/BS).
- Experience: minimum 3-5 years brokerage experience in financial services industry, with specific focus on regulatory reporting compliance issues with any of the following systems:
- Stock trade reporting facility systems such as NASAQ TRF (aka ACT) and FINRA Order Audit Trail systems ("OATS"), and
- Fixed income systems such as TRACE, RTTM and RTRS,
- Equity derivatives and commodity reporting systems such as Large Option Position Reporting ("LOPR") and
- CFTC and US Commodities Large Trader and Ownership and Control reporting systems.
- Skills: Bloomberg experience and a technological orientation. Excellent quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills. Interpersonal & project management skills that result in resolving open issues in a team environment. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Prior middle office reconciliation experience.
- Prior operations background in clearing, and or corporate actions.
- Current Registrations: FINRA Series 7 or 99 (operations professional) strongly preferred.
- Some knowledge of industry reporting rules and regulations is preferred, particularly the CFTC, SEC, FINRA and CBOE rulebooks.
- Computer: Advanced Excel skills are required, UNIX & SQL knowledge a plus. Any programming and/or databases experience