Backend Applications Developer
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description:
We are looking for a Back-end Applications Developer for our Risk Management Groups to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our brokerage systems. We are looking for someone who will:
You will need to have:
- Design, develop and maintain backend and middleware services for Interactive Brokers internal risk management and compliance systems
- Complete typical projects that focus on database backend and middleware services development using Python, Java, PL/SQL
- Complete smaller projects that use Python, Unix shell scripting, and other general-purpose development languages and tools
Qualities we'd love to see:
- A master's degree in computer science, or related degree
- 0-3 years of Python, Java, C++ or similar general purpose OO language
- Working, in-depth knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with financial instruments and markets (preferred)
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Great English written/verbal communication skills.
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Team outings and dinners
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info