Asia Markets Trader
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We're determined to know what makes financial markets tick - and we'll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation. About The Team
The Global Trading Strategies team is responsible for efficient trade execution of AQR's investment strategies. The team is comprised of traders, trading assistants, trading infrastructure and trading algorithm developers as well as market microstructure and short-term signal researchers. The department designs and develops algorithmic trading methodologies in many asset classes globally. GTS also performs transaction cost analysis on the many markets that the firm trades in, which is utilized in building transaction cost forecasting models for AQR's investment strategies. Your Role
AQR Capital Management is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our Global Trading Strategies team as an Asian Markets Trader. The trader will take on multiple responsibilities, including trading, trading strategy implementation, and execution optimization. Candidates should be ambitious and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and possess the ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
• Execute trades in the Asian markets during local market hours. Trading all products including, but not limited to: equities, futures, currencies, interest rate swaps, etc.
• Develop relationships with the various counterparties to facilitate and improve liquidity for the funds
• Collaborate with the strategy research and portfolio management teams to uncover information relevant to the trading strategies and risk management of the funds
• Monitor and work to improve our electronic algorithmic trading systems for equities, futures, and currencies, Responsibilities would include working with the development team in defining new features and capabilities.
• Hours are 2:30pm to 12:00am What You'll Bring
• 5+ years of experience trading Asian markets.
• Expertise in equities required. Cross-asset experience preferred
• Sell-side and/or buy-side trading experience
• Experience with electronic trading platforms preferred
• Strong educational credentials
• Proficiency in Python and Excel Who You Are
• Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual and collaborative environment
• Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, high demand environment
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY