At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
On the Product Design team we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We're building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision
the future, so they can determine best course of action in the present. We're disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world? Position Summary
Are you a disruptor, breaking the paradigms of how others solve problems? Are you bold, courageous, and strategic? Is delivering impact your top motivator? We subscribe to the notion of hiring smart people and getting out of their way. If this sounds like a good fit, we need to talk!
IHS Markit is seeking a driven Strategy Associate
who will report to the Product Management Strategy Director
for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution. The Strategy Associate 's mission is to support research and analysis to guide strategic decisions that produce long-term growth for IHS Markit.
This role will be responsible for solving for obstacles and opportunities that arise in our dynamic environment as we take our solution to market. The role operates at a tactical, strategic and operational level, touching projects that span across the org chart of our growing team. Key duties will include providing research for key decision points, taking on ad hoc strategic projects, supporting GTM delivery and execution, competitive research and analysis , quantitative analysis and c ross functional collaboration .
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. This role will be pivotal to the success of our business, our future and our ability to successfully disrupt the market. Are you ready for the challenge? Duties & Accountabilities
Education & Experience
- Build a deep understanding of our existing business and our competitors using internal and external data sources
- Extensive research a nd analysis of high tech AI products, features and trends to support product decision-making
- Develop strategies for bringing new products and features to market
- Build / partner / buy analysis
- Support key stakeholders in evaluation of new market and partnership opportunities
- Quantitative analysis to support cyclical and ad-hoc projects; ( i .e. Pricing Model Optimization)
- M&A analysis, financial modeling, and market analysis
- Validate and tackle opportunities for revenue and customer growth as they emerge
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners (product, data science, engineering, marketing ) to gather information and input, validate product assumptions and test out new ideas
- Seamlessly project m anage multiple priorities and research projects with complex timelines and deliverables
- Present information clearly, concisely, accurately and beautifully , especially in presentation format
- Communicate effectively, both in written and verbal capacity , with stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Be willing to collaborate in-person 1-2x/week (otherwise we work from home)
What We Offer
- Bachelor 's degree in Business or relat ed discipline
- Master's degree in relevant discipline or MBA (ideally from an entrepreneurially oriented school)
- 3 + years of experience in business strategy , or at startup tech company (even better would be a combination of these)
- Experience with B2B SaaS products is not required but will set you apart from the pack
- You're w ildly resourceful - you have a track record of hunting down hard-to-find information, bringing structure to big tough problems, and making educated recommendations in the face of limited information or resources
- You're highly collaborative - you are used to working on teams with cross-dependencies and can move your projects forward while supporting others in their work as well
- Track record of delivering impact in high growth, ambiguous, and rapidly evolving settings
- Strength on both sides of the brain : you're a highly analytical, curious and data-driven critical thinker , with an eye for clean, clear information design when it's time to present your findings
- Passion for bringing disruptive technology to market in partnership with a growing team
- Interest and passion for learning about artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science (even better would be experience working with this technology in the past)
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $62,873. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.