Principal, Site Reliability Engineering
Principal, Site Reliability Engineering Summary
We are seeking an outstanding Devops leader to drive cloud automation and provide operational support of commercial software products within the Identity and Access Management domain. Site Reliability Engineering provides a critical role within our product delivery team; this individual will lead an existing team of Site Reliability Engineers who design, implement, and execute cloud automation and operational support processes. The Site Reliability Engineers work directly with emerging Amazon AWS cloud technologies on a highly visible business-critical platform; providing substantial opportunity for skills development and career growth. General Job Duties
Specific Job Duties
- Participate as part of a product development organization to design and implement cloud operations processes for moderately complex software platforms.
- Follow industry good Devops practices to ensure high quality of service.
- Report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, and accept direction on corrective measures.
- Foster inter-team cooperation as part of a project/program.
- Continuously expand knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Operate as Principal, Site Reliability Engineering in a product development and delivery team for a cloud-based Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform.
- Lead Site Reliability Engineers in analyzing requirements and providing comprehensive cloud automation solutions to ensure high QoS.
- Lead the operational support of production and pre-production software systems hosted in the public cloud.
- Drive continual process improvement through cloud automation.
- Support and champion the Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Collaborate with Software Development Leads and Engineers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and IT Leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry.
- Track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- Experience successfully implementing and leading new technical functions/teams.
- Experience in production software system administration and/or operations.
- Background in both Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Broad exposure to Devops technologies and the ability to discern appropriate technology application.
- Understanding of IT Operations best practices in mission-critical high-availability systems.
- Ability to inspire and engage individual contributors.
- Passion and curiosity for solving technical problems.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure is highly desired.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Reports to Director of Product Development
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
FLSA Status - US Only
- Actively participates in the DevOps community, user groups, forums.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.