Payroll Tax Manager, US and Canada The Grade/Level:
(relevant for internal applicants only) 10 The Location:
Virtual The Team:
In this role, you'll be an integral part of S&P's Global Payroll team, a group of action-oriented professionals who drive the creation of world-class payroll. We outsource our tax filings but need someone with deep US payroll tax expertise. This position reports to the Americas Payroll Leader and you are part of the Payroll COE. This is a new function and for the right candidate, the sky is the limit. Setting up a control function within payroll for US taxes, collaboration with People Services, Corporate Tax, and Global Mobility are just a few examples to show this is a unique opportunity. The Impact:
This position ensures compliance with the complex different tax legislations and management of our tax vendor. What's in it for you:
- A blank canvas where you can make and shape based on your own experience and strategic direction.
- This role will start with a focus on US and Canadian payroll tax but can expand into different countries and/or regions.
- Play a lead role in supporting the strategic direction of the company through review of (new) payroll tax legislation, the impact, and provide recommendations.
- Provide direct consultative subject matter expertise to support strategic objectives and develop solutions to address business needs.
- Develop communication materials and programs to educate and inform people leaders and participants of the key features and potential value of the global payroll team.
What We're Looking For
- Responsible for the accurate and timely filing of agency notices by implementing a strong governance and audit model with our third-party payroll vendor.
- Monitor changes to tax regulations and provide training to the US payroll team and our partners' teams to share the knowledge and build a broader understanding of payroll tax.
- Ensure compliance for payroll tax withholding and payments.
- Multi-jurisdiction review.
- Facilitate the proper tax calculation of cash and non-cash fringe benefits.
- Audit payroll tax withholding on a regular basis.
- Lead tax support for any internal and external payroll audits.
- Review and resolve employee pay-related inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in US and Canadian payroll tax
- Strong analytical, accounting, and research skills
- Strong knowledge of tax compliance and procedures
- Strong knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Not afraid to challenge status quo
- Experience with regulated companies is a plus
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Demonstrated ability to establish and achieve strategic goals
- Ability to be influential with strong communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in companies with a global, distributed workforce
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, negotiation, influence, and conflict resolution skills
- High integrity, sound judgment, and the utmost discretion
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $59,800 USD to $108,100 USD. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit link https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us About Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), HUMRES202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
281959 Posted On:
Englewood, Colorado, United States