Executive Director, Corporate & Americas Accounting
The Executive Director of Corporate & Americas Accounting, will be responsible for leading the consolidation and internal financial reporting for the organization, managing the Corporate and Americas accounting organization and serving as a subject matter expert on technical accounting guidance and implementation. Responsibilities:
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statement package, including
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Equity Rollforward
- Cash Flow
- Analyzing the consolidated results to ensure unusual or non-recurring activity is properly classified/presented in the financial statements
- Partnering with the external financial reporting team to ensure proper information and supporting documentation is provided and inquiries are resolved related to the preparation of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
- Leading and managing the Corporate and Americas accounting team, including the administration of the consolidation system (HFM)
- Providing technical accounting guidance to the business including, but not limited to, purchase accounting, foreign currency, goodwill/intangibles, revenue accounting, etc.
- Overseeing the accounting close process, including partnering with the regional accounting teams to ensure an effective and efficient close process.
- Ensuring effective communication of unusual/non-recurring accounting entries and transactions, and making appropriate decisions on accounting and reporting issues
- Serving as a primary liaison to the external auditors in their work related to quarterly reviews, annual audits and other ad-hoc projects.
- Effective team management, including recruiting, developing, coaching, and mentoring teams to meet/exceed the business' ongoing needs while instilling organizational core values
- Building relationships across multiple teams within IHS Markit to foster collaborative and productive working relationships
- Supporting internal audit initiatives and SOX controls
- Completing quarterly and annual surveys from governmental agencies (e.g. Census Bureau reports)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- 8 - 12+ years of accounting experience, with a combination of "Big 4" public accounting and industry experience. Will consider straight public accounting if experience has been primarily focused on large publicly traded global companies
- Previous work experience with SAP and HFM is a plus
- Strong and extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC Reporting, and internal controls
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner
- Demonstrated experience and success in working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think critically, complete accounting and financial analysis, managing multiple projects concurrently, with minimal oversight
- Must be highly organized, efficient and have supreme attention to detail and financial accuracy
- Must have experience tracking down information and data, at a very granular level of detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to keep the larger Accounting team apprised
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work under competing demands
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.