Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst reports to the Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence and Forensics and will help provide timely and actionable Cyber Threat Intelligence to IHS Markit businesses. The individual who accepts this role will maintain a deep understanding of adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures and apply that knowledge to enhance Cyber Incident Response and Vulnerability Management. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will provide written and oral presentations to key stakeholders within IHS Markit, raising their awareness and refining their Cyber Threat Intelligence requirements. This individual will also be an active participant in Threat Hunting and Red Teaming engagements and Red Teaming efforts. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs daily review of cyber threat warnings, bulletins, alerts, and incident reporting documentation and databases produced by Governments, Threat Intelligence Communities such as FS-ISAC, Threat Information Portals such as Recorded Future, and a variety of open source publications and formats.
- Provides threat intelligence analysis in accordance with established threat intelligence requirements.
- Conducts research on emerging security threats; provides correlation and trending of cyber incident activity.
- Maintains knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion tactics, attack techniques and operational procedures.
- Maintains Situational Awareness and reports on advanced threats, including Advanced Persistent Threat (APT).
- Coordinates with management, stakeholders and team members to deliver timely and actionable intelligence; provides written reports and threat briefings.
- Partners with Assessments Teams and prepares cyber threat assessments of internal programs and new acquisitions based on threat analysis.
- Performs threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures as well as indicators of attack in order to detect adversaries with persistent access to the enterprise.
- Maintains close coordination with Vulnerability Management Team regarding emerging threats.
- Performs metrics analysis and associated reporting.
- Min 3+ years direct experience in the areas of threat intelligence, security operations, threat hunting, security research, and malware analysis.
- Undergraduate technical degree, Cybersecurity or equivalent major preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, or other relevant cybersecurity defense and intelligence frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape.
- Experience with commercial and open source Threat Intelligence Platforms (TIPs).
- Familiarity with YARA, OpenIOC, and STIX frameworks is preferred but not required.
- Experience with writing scripts using Python or other scripting languages.
- Robust interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal colleagues and external clients across a wide variety of businesses.
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and research skills.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.