Associate Sales Specialist
As an IHS Markit Associate Sales Specialist you will be responsible for sales and account development with focus on a geographic territory local to the rep. The territory will include an existing set of active customers currently under annual subscription agreements and new prospect opportunities. Sales expertise will be integral to identify, expand, and grow opportunities within existing customers, as well as to position and validate IHS Markit solutions to new prospects. With expansion opportunities you will focus on identifying additional value opportunities and aligning IHS Markit solutions to new areas of potential business and process value.
In developing new business, you will be heavily focused on discovery and analysis to identify and validate solution opportunities. In all cases, you will be responsible for forecasting these opportunities, account management and development, and territory planning. As a Sales Executive you must be an expert in demonstrating and validating integrated IHS Markit Knowledge and content offerings during on-site meetings with senior level management. In this role, you are required to be a driven individual who thrives on winning, understanding business challenges of your prospects, and clearly communicating the value of IHS Markit solutions to various client audiences across multiple verticals Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Expert account management and development
- Leveraging professional selling methods for new business pursuit and expansion opportunities
- Executing territory and major account planning
- Forecasting opportunities for the entire territory
- Working with Product Management and Marketing to drive specific messaging and campaigns
- Understanding the pain points and needs of our customer's Engineering, Support and IT organizations
- Positioning IHS Markit solutions to address customer business needs at the highest level
- Developing proposals tailored to specific engineering related vertical markets
- Leading on-site customer engagements with senior level management
- Developing partnerships and driving high-value engagements with customers
What We Offer
- A 4 year college degree
- At least 5 years of solution selling experience closing large and complex sales
- A record of accomplishment and consistent performance
- Experience selling into discreet manufacturing, R&D, and engineering is strongly preferred
- The ability to articulate the IHS Markit value proposition composed of technology and content, and connect that with customer pain points and organizational challenges
- Comfortability in a virtual team
- The desire to succeed in a complex and fast paced organization
- Proficiency with sales automation tools
- High quality presentation and communication skills
- The ability to interact with and sell to senior level management
- A self-starter working style with the ability to work independently
- The Associate Sales Specialist will commensurate with effective account management and territory development and travel as required
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $51,675. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.