Trade Management Analyst
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview:
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider. It had assets under custody of EUR 9.4 trillion as at 31 December.2017. Backed by the strength of the BNP Paribas Group, we provide multi-asset post-trade and asset servicing solutions for buy and sell-side market participants, corporates and issuers. With local expertise in 36 countries and a global reach covering 90+ markets, our network is one of the most extensive in the industry, enabling clients to maximise their investment opportunities worldwide.
Securities Operations handles asset setup and trade data entry in the accounting system, corporate actions sourcing, instruction and processing, equity and fixed income pricing, securities and foreign exchange matching and settlement, and facilitation of the fair valuation process. A Securities Operations Analyst -- Settlements will primarily work on the settlements team providing support to the daily operations.
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications
- Ensure timely and accurate settlement of trades across multiple security types, global markets, brokers, and custodians
- Ensure end of day reporting provided to relevant Oversight teams accurately reflects trade status and provides sufficient commentary
- Work closely with multiple external and internal parties to resolve trade discrepancies, including unmatched and failed security trades, foreign exchange contracts, overdrafts, and wires.
- Act as the primary escalation contact within BNP to ensure settlement related issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Create and maintain accurate broker and custodian settlement instructions across multiple databases
- Ensure accuracy of new account profiles within all internal systems
- Ongoing review of existing processes to identify potential improvements to create new efficiencies and increase quality and controls
- One year of related financial industry experience in back and middle office operations with an emphasis on trade settlement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Experience with SWIFT and/or BBH Infomediary
- Expertise associated with equity and fixed income securities settlement, both US and international, including knowledge of FX, buy-ins, 144A and restricted securities, and physical securities
- Proven ability to maintain a customer service focused attitude in a high pressure securities environment
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines and strict operational controls
None BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.