Senior Sales Representative - Investment Management Segment
JobDescription : The Role:
You are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers within the Investment Management Segment. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaborate with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery. The Impact:
Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the organization. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help clients identify needs, whilst providing solutions utilizing our products and tools. The Career Opportunity:
Being a key player within the sales team and you will have the opportunity to work with the major key clients within the investment management industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as committing to the expanding our footprint in the market. You will have an uncapped commission structure where your earnings are directly tied to your production and out performing is generously rewarded. The Team / The Business:
The team is composed of experienced professionals within financial institutions industry focused within the Investment Management Space. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a real teammate in order to be successful within our organization. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities
- Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
- Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Account Management group
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Relationship Managers in existing accounts
- Achieve target yearly sales quota
- A driven sales individual with a successful background in a related field, selling complex products into complex spaces. Someone with a standardized, repeatable sales process that can be utilized in any sales territory.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years relevant industry experience and a consistent record in consultative sales
- An interest / understanding of the investment management industry
- Ambition, passion, drive and a hunger for sales
- Confidence in cold calling and dealing with C-Level executives over the phone and in person
- Experience using an S&P product is a plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EEO:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.