Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Denver / Houston / Charlottesville The Team:
The S&P Global Platts Finance team primarily consists of New York and London based employees. The Team also interacts with divisions of S&P Global Corporate. The Impact:
This role is a key member of the Platts Finance Business Partner team supporting the Product Management and Global Trading Services ("GTS") groups. The position will support the teams by assisting with financial & operational reporting, forecasting, and analysis. Primary focus will be on headcount reporting, business case development, ACV analysis, project budget tracking, forecasting and general financial management. What's in it for you:
The role offers the opportunity to help S&P Global Platts make well informed, data driven decisions. Responsibilities include partnering, financial reporting and analysis, and business case compilation. There is a track-record of advancement within the Platts Finance team and the broader S&P Global Finance organization.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $ 116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- Assume primary responsibility for financial planning and analysis to support the Platts Finance Business Partner team.
- Assist with monthly accounting close and financial reporting process .
- Assist with the monthly P&L reporting and analysis. Prepare accruals and journal entries as needed.
- Forecast and manage headcount expense.
- Assist in business case compilation.
- Analyze large dataset historical data for trends and unusual variances; comparing results to estimate and budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the multi-year budgets and related sensitivity modeling.
- Create executive level PowerPoint decks.
- Prepare analysis for ad hoc requests and special projects, and provide direct support to the Manager and Senior Director of Finance on an as-needed basis.
What We're Looking For:
- Provide thorough and accurate responses to senior management and business leads inquiries.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as requested in order to help management make informed decisions regarding the short and long term objectives of the business.
- Alert management to accounting or operational problems and suggest actionable solutions.
S&P Global Platts, the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets, is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Platts Finance Business Partner team. The new Senior Financial Analyst will perform FP&A responsibilities, analyze large datasets, and provide support for day to day management of financial operations to help make informed decisions. Basic Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field. CPA/MBA is strongly preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years' work experience in Consulting, public accounting or private accounting/finance department.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Zuora, SalesForce.com, Alteryx, Tableau, and Cognos TM1 is preferred.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions for resolving operational and financial problems.
- Demonstrate investigative research and analytical capabilities necessary to leadership team with accurate and insightful interpretation of financial information.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262853 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States