Security Automation Engineer
JobDescription : Primary Responsibilities:
- Actively identity areas of improvement within the processes of the Security Operations Center and Cyber Incident Response Team with the goal of decreasing response times, increasing effectiveness, and eliminating waste, and streamlining security operations
- Develop additional playbooks and automated controls as threats change and new security tools and controls emerge
- Integrate new functionality with existing systems
- Partner with other development and business teams to manage dependencies and communicate technical specifications
- Develop integrations with 3rd party services and APIs.
- Develop tools and automated tests for improving our Security Operations Center.
- CI/CD pipeline work, release engineering
- Comfortable with REST API best practices and usage
- Hands-on experience with security technologies such as SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, EDR, and others
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in a security operations center or with security automation tools and frameworks
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Coding/Scripting in any major language (.NET, Java, Go, Python, & Ruby)
- Worked with Docker, Ansible, Terraform, and/or Git before
- Windows and Linux administration tools and concepts
- Familiarity in technologies provided by major cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
Grade 8 (for internal purposes)
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.