- Denver, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Research Analyst
Grade (for internal applicants only): 9A
The Location: Denver/Virtual
The Team: The diverse and widely distributed team allows for plenty of opportunity for independent work with significant support from highly experience peers and company infrastructure. We value collaboration and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: You will have the opportunity to drive our game console, cloud gaming, VR/AR and smart TV research and thought leadership. You will use an attention to detail and analytical skills to collect relevant data from company contacts, interviews, industry conferences, online sites and company filed reports. A frequent publisher, you will create data-driven articles, attention-getting graphics and reports that make us the premier source of business intelligence in the Media and Communications industry.
What's in it for you: This is a phenomenal opportunity to utilize your industry knowledge and writing skills in technology research and evolve our coverage. In this role you will immerse yourself in the quickly evolving market, meet industry executives, and position yourself as a technology authority.
- Data collection on game consoles, AR/VR, smart TVs and cloud gaming.
- Production of regular written analysis focusing on key issues in the above markets.
- Research and forecast industry benchmarks. Analyze key industry trends and identify segment progression.
- Interact with clients, reporters, and internal teams.
- Work with the research team to share information, significant findings, and ideas.
What We're Looking For:
- Strong technology knowledge and analytical skills.
- Writing background with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, to self-manage your schedule, and to meet demanding deadlines.
- MS office / Excel / Word / Powerpoint / Strong Google Search Skills
- Some travel required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a technology industry analyst. (3 to 5 years)
- Previous experience interacting with clients and/or high level executives, including phone and in-person interviews, and presenting research and analysis to C-level audiences.
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.