Head of Modelling
S&P Global Platts is seeking a Head of Analytics Modelling to support the design, development, and implementation of its next generation Data Science Workbench platforms. This role will also lead a global team of Data Scientists and Quants to execute a roadmap that successfully migrates existing models from legacy assets to our new Data Science Workbench while delivering new models that add value to Platts Analytics products. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
Denver, Houston, London, Hyderabad The vision:
To create a single enterprise-grade tool for company-wide data exploration, modelling and generation of insights, consolidating legacy models and preparing Platts to exploit the power of machine learning. The Team:
Reporting to the Head of Modelling and Data Science, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Technology business partners and Senior Leadership to set the strategy, and, while closely collaborating with the Analytics Team, lead a global team of Data Scientists and Quants to design a standard, structured workflow and execute to successfully build predictive models of the future. The Impact:
The successful candidate will combine an understanding of the S&P Global Platts Analytics business and data strategy with our goal to streamline and automate content ingestion, storage, modelling and distribution through multiple channels to Platts external customers. They will also be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated as well as an ability to execute independently when required. This is a leadership role with a reporting structure, so the candidate will also have strong leadership and people management qualities. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and implementing structured workflows that are like a software development life cycle.
The position plays a key role in determining our company's successful design and management of predictive models that feed data products and Analytics research, insights, and presentations through setting and meeting Model Governance controls.
The role will involve regular engagements with Platts senior leadership, the wider Modelling and Data Science team, and the Analytics Content team, so strong communication skills are essential along with the ability to influence and motivate across business functions. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities
: The Modelling and Data Science Team works closely with the Analytics Content Team to collect, clean, enrich, and model data sets which are delivered as data products and used by the Analytics Team to generate insights and analysis for reports, presentations, and research. The Modelling Team is responsible for collaborating with subject matter experts in Analytics to research, design, develop, and implement models that improve the value of our Analytics services. This also includes measuring, monitoring, and improving model performance. As the Head of Modelling, you will be responsible for implementing standardized, structured workflows leveraging standard toolsets that your team will follow to deliver on building and managing models.
What we're looking for:
- Work with Senior Leadership and Technology teams to implement strategic technologies that enable model governance, automation, and accurate forecasts
- Expand the team's data science capabilities to include NLP and neural networks to better capitalize on automation and forecasting opportunities
- Design and implement strategic workflow processes that are scalable, meets the requirements for Model Governance principles, and optimizes the throughput of model development while continuously measuring and improving on model accuracy
- Lead and manage a team through transformational organizational, process and workflow, and technology changes
- Work closely with stakeholders to execute a roadmap that includes migrating existing models out of legacy applications while delivering on new models that support the business's growth strategy
- Partner with our offshore team to expand our footprint and establish around the clock support for models and to help execute the roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Analytics Content Team to support models through existing legacy processes until those processes can be migrated to new platforms
- Ensure team executes with discipline and delivers on Model Governance expectations
- Be pro-active in identifying opportunities for modelling and workflow requirements for the new Analytics platform
- Develop training programs for new and existing staff members to develop skills required for our new workflows
- Manage workload and priorities through Agile way of working
- Work closely with Data Collections, Analytics Data Operations, and Analytics Content teams to ensure seamlessly executed model development and life cycle management
- An experienced Head of Modelling with a track record of designing models leveraging modern technology to automate workflows, experience with a wide variety of methodologies to solve a variety of modelling challenges, and practice deploying models to production through a CI/CD process
- Strong leadership and people management qualities
- Experience working with data and understanding of the role modelled data plays in our Analytics services
- A proven track record of delivering projects in collaborative Agile team environments
- The ability to present to senior business and technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously and under tight deadlines is important
- Experience in designing optimal data and modelling workflows to deliver a unified Analytics platform
- Experience working in the financial and/or commodities industry with a Data Science & Analytics Workbench background
- A strong collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence at senior level and across the organization
- BA/BS in engineering, economics, computer science, data science, or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience with data, data automation, databases, or analytics technologies
- 5+ years developing predictive models leveraging a variety of modelling techniques
- Experience working in the commodities sector, with a strong understanding of the Analytics business
- Understanding of cloud-based services, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with software development life cycle practices
- Proficient with Python, R, or MATLAB
- Experience designing and building data driven analytics platforms
- Proven ability to interface well with IT staff and other non-technical members of the organization
- A professional, highly dedicated, detail-oriented, and energetic personality, with the ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver creative solutions and automated workflows
- Demonstrable, directly related data, modelling, or data science experience
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal presentations to all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence at all levels throughout the organization including senior level project sponsors and other key stakeholders
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259949 Posted On:
Denver, Colorado, United States