About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview:
Responsible for the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting, recordkeeping and reporting of assigned mutual funds. Analyzes data to identify potential issues and performs research to develop appropriate solutions. Controls and balances accounts and output, posts accounting entries and transactions to ledger according to established procedures and according to regulatory rules. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Performs calculations for assigned group of funds/accounts, which includes cash projections, reconciliation of trade activity and corporate actions, reconciliation of holdings, and review/analysis of income and expenses.
- Upon completion of initial training period, analysts are responsible for 8 to 10 funds with medium complexity. Analysts are responsible contributing and continuing development with more complex reconciliations, resolution and client deliverables.
- Analyzes fund/account data to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Preparation of reports provided to internal and external customers, including maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Ensures that required records are maintained and stored according to appropriate retention policy in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures for work performed.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for process improvement and greater efficiency.
- Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include evening, weekend, holiday hours
- Typical office environment with telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, fund accounting systems
- PC usage up to 90% of the time
- One year investment accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- General knowledge of investment and financial services industries preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; accounting system knowledge required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
N/A BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.