Director, Configuration & Asset Management
S&P Global is currently seeking to hire an IT Service Management (ITSM) Asset Management Lead to drive ITSM proactive Asset Management across the entire ITAM Lifecycle. The scope includes the entire enterprise and processes necessary for the effective management, control, and protection of the software and hardware assets within the company, throughout all phases of their lifecycle (acquisition through retirement or re-use). The IT Service Management Lead implements and maintains the SW and HW component as a parts of the overall ITAM strategy, it's supporting processes, and tools needed to mitigate software compliance risks, identify cost saving opportunities related to software and support, and help improve our negotiating position with vendors.
This includes the ability to be able to interpret complex licensing agreements of various types and translate the terms and conditions to technical data requirements in the Asset Manager solution. Position partners with other IT department leads to reconcile measured software deployments to license and maintenance entitlements, and ensure all accounting, regulatory, corporate and legal requirements are met and followed for IT software assets. RESPONSIBILITIES
Business & Functional Knowledge
- Focus on structuring and restructuring processes, identifying scope and assessing the improvement or design requirements of ITIL v3 based Service Management processes and related documentation. Editing, formatting and publishing of ITSM process documentation as required.
- Execute the IT Asset Lifecycle for both the HW and SW; Fixed and Mobile
- Maintains and implements a proactive strategy for software asset and license management in order to ensure compliance with the obligations of vendor licensing agreements, ITAM Process and Policy, and IT Finance policies as they pertain to IT software assets.
- Mitigate financial and/or legal risks associated to vendor compliance, identify potential cost savings opportunities relating to software and support, and help improve our negotiating position with vendors.
- Leads the implementation of audit readiness processes to ensure we are managing license compliance risks.
- Serve as a SAM sponsor as it relates to Net License Position from Entitlements Knowledge (PO and vendor invoice artifacts), Proactive population and maintenance of SW License Pools (by title and version), Allocations from SW Licensee Pools (to serialized assets), Utilization and License Recovery at the Decommission and Retirement Phase of the ITAM Lifecycle.
- Maintains proper implementation of Asset Management policies, processes, and procedures for effective software lifecycle management (acquisition through disposal) leveraging the Asset Manager solution and help ensure company adoption from a Strategic and Tactical perspective.
- Executes ITAM roles and responsibilities as defined by process and policy for Client Computing and helps communicate them across the organization.
- Builds strong working relationships with other IT Departments, including, but not limited to, Support & Services, IT Architecture Group, and Technology Services Group to ensure software acquisitions, inventory tracking, utilization, and license reclamation processes to produce an accurate net license position.
: Applies broad knowledge of IT business and operations principles, business drivers, and related areas to impact results. Knowledge of process engineering and IT Service Management is a must. Strong business acumen and the ability to translate technology terms into business terms required. Problem Solving:
Ability to solve highly complex, non-routine problems and determine the best solution through cost/benefit analysis. Enhanced root-cause analysis skills, with the ability to identify learning opportunities, improve current processes and demonstrated cross functional approach to problem solving Interaction:
Works with senior leadership and management in the business units to understand requirement, improve processes and communicate metrics. Strong communications (written and verbal) and presentation delivery skills required. Scope & Impact:
Impacts the quality of operations provided by related team Required:
Bachelor's degree with 10 to 12 years of experience in IT software audit with a focus on server/mid-range and workstation products.