- Denver, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Feb 19
The Lead CMDB Librarian position supports the Asset and Configuration Management function at S&P Global to lead the development of tools, data and processes that will significantly enhance S&P Global's capabilities to manage and develop its technology infrastructure and applications. Reporting to the Configuration Process and Product Owner, the CMDB Librarian role will work closely with IT teams to ensure all items are correctly identified and accounted for within the CMDB.
This role will be part of a dynamic team that manages all IT Services & Assets for the Digital Infrastructure organization.
- Custodian of assets registered in the Configuration Management system
- Control the receipt (creation), identification, storage (maintenance), and withdrawal (decommission) of all supported CI's via defined Configuration Management process
- Maintain status of all supported CI's
- Lead the implementation of audit processes to ensure the health of CMDB is maintained
- Conduct configuration audits
- Identify, record, and address issues related to Configuration Management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business required
- 5 years plus working in large scale configuration management databases preferred
- 3 years' plus experience as ServiceNow administrator or Configuration Management Analyst
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of IT business and operations principles, business drivers, and related areas to impact results.
- Knowledge of process engineering, IT configuration and IT data a must.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate technology terms into business terms.
- Capable of solving complex, non-routine problems in operations, using new solutions and weighing costs/benefits.
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to work with senior management in the business units to improve processes and data.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.