Web Operations Engineer
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Web Operations Engineer
The Role: As a Web Operations Engineer you will provide internal technical support for our revenue-generating applications. Using your knowledge of infrastructure and application performance, you will drive the implementation, stability, maintenance and capacity of these applications while keeping the end-user experience in focus.
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA or Centennial, CO
The Team: Web Platform Services caters to the technology, application delivery and operational needs of the S&P Global Market Intelligence product suite, including our flagship MI products, the Capital IQ and SNL platforms, and XpressFeed to name a few. We provide continuous delivery expertise for our product and product-related infrastructure, while striving to ensure full availability of the platform.
The Impact: Do you love working on real-world projects that impact end-users every single day? This serves as the foundation for our dedication to providing clients with data that delivers results.
What's in it for You:
- Build a career with a global company
- Improve your skills by working with new technologies
- Participate in our ongoing shift into cloud-based structure and DevOps culture
- Profile, analyze, and resolve both front-end and back-end web applications and services
- Provide Production, Pre-Production, and Test support for a global Microsoft .NET environment built on IIS and MS SQL Server
- Partner with development and operations teams to improve application performance and scalability
- Help develop and record standardized methodologies for system design, capacity management, and integration of new applications
- Actively design and develop system and application monitoring strategies
- Drive the support of business critical outages, clear paths to resolution, and lead the steps for prevention
- Participate in project meetings and influence the technical direction of the environments supported
- Become a technical leader and mentor teammates
- Participate in the on-call rotation in support of our 24x7 QA and Production environments
- A creative thinker who can investigate multiple paths in the hunt for the root cause of an urgent issue
- The ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented
- 4+ years Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 64-bit support
- 4+ years IIS, ASP.NET support
- 1+ years of proven PowerShell experience
- Windows Performance Monitor (Perfmon)
- Application Performance Monitoring (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Extrahop, Gomez, etc)
- SQL Server skills a plus
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012+ certifications a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.