Technical Writer The Location:
Centennial, CO The Grade:
(for internal use only) G8 The Team:
The technical documentation team designs and publishes user guides, client communications and website content for S&P Global Market Intelligence. We are part of the product management team. Our content helps communicate the value of new S&P Global Marketplace products to the market and assists with client retention. The Impact:
As a Technical Writer you will be responsible for creating content that helps our clients maximize the value of our robust financial data content and delivery platforms including data feeds, Cloud, and API solutions. You will advocate for our customers, developing a deep understanding of their business needs and use cases for our products, and develop documentation that anticipates user questions and explains how to gain value from our products. What's in it for you:
You have the opportunity to directly influence our clients' user experience with S&P Global Market Intelligence products by developing high-quality technical documentation. You will be part of a team that supports pre-sales efforts and collaborates with product management and our client service team to provide the best support possible for our customers. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $38.4k - $79.9k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Develop documentation plans for product and content releases
- Produce user guides, technical guides, release notes, database schema diagrams, website content, data glossaries, and related content
- Estimate, plan, and prioritize work to meet product delivery schedules and to ensure development of accurate content
- Work closely with product managers, product owners, and Agile development teams during the development cycle
- Develop effective working relationships and build consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Work with sales, support, and product management to continuously improve content based on client and internal feedback
- Contribute to monthly client newsletter and other client communications
- At least 3 years of experience in technical writing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical communications, English, or related field
- Clear, concise writing style.
- Expert-level English grammar and mechanics
- Sufficient technical acumen to work with database, Cloud, and API technologies
- Ability to explain complex financial data concepts to multiple audiences
- Excellent interviewing skills for eliciting information from subject matter experts
- Primary tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Visio, SnagIt, SQL Server Management Studio, Dreamweaver, Crownpeak
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Knowledge of financial industry, accounting principles, and financial concepts
- Knowledge of HTML and website content management systems
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL query language
- Experience with API and/or Cloud technologies
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies (Agile preferred)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
PDMGDV203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264634 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States